Will, Trust and Inheritance Disputes
If you are involved in an inheritance dispute, you are likely to be experiencing bereavement and conflict simultaneously, which can be particularly difficult because of the emotion on all sides.
In addition to the financial issues at stake, family relationships will also be vulnerable. To achieve an outcome which allows you to move on positively, both emotionally and financially, you will require specialist legal advice from a lawyer who has equal measures of expertise, firmness and sensitivity.
We ensure that wherever possible your inheritance dispute will be resolved away from the glare and stress of the court room, using mediation or other types of alternative dispute resolution. As most inheritance disputes are resolved by mediation, you will be in safe hands as our specialist contentious trusts and probate solicitor is also a CEDR accredited private client mediator. However, we also recognise that sometimes the situation will require a more robust stance to achieve the best possible outcome. In those circumstances, clear and firm correspondence will be required.
WE HAVE EXPERTISE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- the validity of wills
- claims for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- trust litigation including disputes between executors, trustees and beneficiaries
- contentious matters arising in the Court of Protection
- proprietary estoppel and constructive trust claims
- family farm succession disputes
- financial abuse claims