We advise private individuals and businesses who benefit from our solution-focused approach whatever the nature, price or complexity of the transaction.
We know that buying or selling a property can be a stressful time, and we aim to make the process as smooth, quick and cost-effective as possible.
We provide a full range of residential property advice, in particular:
- Claw-back and pre-emption agreements
- Conditional agreements
- Easements and covenants
- Landlord and Tenant
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Mortgaging and remortgaging
- Options to purchase
On conveyancing transactions, the scope of our advice will always be agreed with you at the outset. Advice generally includes:
- Client Due diligence;
- Carrying out any applicable searches;
- Reviewing and advising on title documents of the Property;
- Reviewing and advising on Mortgage Offer and Legal Charge (if applicable);
- Reviewing and advising on lease;
- Due diligence on compliance of lease terms and any breach;
- Due diligence and analysis of management company (if applicable);
- Drafting and approving stock transfer form (if applicable);
- Drafting and approving the transfer instrument;
- Drafting and Applying to the Land Registry for registration of title;
- Reviewing updated title documentation to ensure correct and full title has passed and has been registered;
- Ensuring registration with the landlord;
- Drafting and serving Notice of Transfer and Charge (if applicable);
- Drafting, submitting and remitting Stamp Duty Land Tax payments to HMRC (once in funds);
- Meeting with you and other persons involved;
- Correspondence and co-ordination with other parties involved; and
- Considering, drafting, making and receiving phone calls and preparing attendance notes where required.
Where additional services are required, we will discuss these with you before proceeding.
We charge fixed fees on residential property based on the price of the property, whether it is freehold or leasehold, and factoring in whether you are seeking bank finance.
Your fees will always be discussed and agreed with you at the outset of a transaction.
Our fees average £1,750 - £4,000 plus VAT and disbursements.
Frequent disbursements paid on your behalf are:
- Stamp Duty Land Tax if applicable and based on the property price
- Searches £200.00-450.00 plus VAT
- Land Registry fee £100.00-500.00
- Land Registry search fee (per search) £3.00
- Bankruptcy fee (per search) £2.00
- Bank transfer fee (per transfer) £30.00 plus VAT
- Online ID Check (per entity) £12.00-£20.00 plus VAT
Conveyancing transactions usually take two to four months to complete. The length of your transaction will depend on several factors, including:
- The involvement of a mortgage;
- The number of parties in the sales chain;
- Leasehold issues.