Corporate and Commercial
We advise a range of individuals, UK and international investors and companies on a variety of corporate and commercial matters. We work closely with all our clients to ensure that matters are dealt with efficiently and commercially.
We agree fees up front on commercial and corporate matters and introduce clients to the lawyers who they will be working with to ensure certainty and a personal relationship from the start.
We provide a full range of advice on corporate and commercial matters and documentation, in particular:
- Commercial contracts – advising on key commercial terms, and drafting and advising on bespoke contracts in plain English
- Company formation – including drafting tailor-made articles of association
- Directors – advising directors on statutory duties, drafting service agreements, resolving disputes and managing exits
- Investment Schemes – advising businesses and investors on the viability and benefits of statutory investment schemes (including EIS and SEIS)
- Management – preparing all necessary board minutes, resolutions and carrying out Companies House filings including the writing up of statutory books
- Mergers and Acquisitions – advising on exiting or acquiring established businesses through the sale or purchase of shares or assets, joint ventures and mergers, management buyouts, private equity and venture capital fund investments
- Shareholders – drafting agreements and resolving disputes between shareholders
- Terms and Conditions – drafting and negotiating terms of business between businesses and their customers/suppliers
- US Matters – we specialise in dealing with US matters and have close working relationships with specialist US firms